Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
You don't need a lift for a plunge router.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Chuck, might at least explain why he doesn't need one .

BTW welcome to the forums Jim.

Dont know myself if a lift is available for your particular router, but check the specs for yours it might allow for table top adjustments without a lift.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Hi all I have a Ryobi plunge router and r/table does anyone make a lift for Ryobi?
Hi Jim - Welcome to the forum:)
Not sure just what you have. Is it a Ryobi plunge router in a Ryobi table? or, a Ryobi plunge router in a table?
I'll also second Toms question about why you want a lift. If it's difficult to adjust, most plunge routers need the springs removed so you're not fighting the springs AND gravity to adjust bit height. I have heard that some Ryobi routers are difficult/impossible to take the springs out of though.
If you have one of the Ryobi tables, you may need to look into a shop built lift. I don't recall seeing any lifts that will accomodate the diamond shaped plate Ryobi uses.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
if it is the combo from home depot, it is not a plunge router, it is the fixed base one like the router i have

i don't know if anyone makes a lift for them ... it was not even an option for me as i made my own lift for it.

they are set up though to be able to be mounted in a table and adjust the height from above. my main reason for making a lift was mostly for the experience, and i didn't want to have to deal with locking and unlocking it all the time

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Chuck, might at least explain why he doesn't need one .

BTW welcome to the forums Jim.

Dont know myself if a lift is available for your particular router, but check the specs for yours it might allow for table top adjustments without a lift.
My answer was a little abrupt. Your router table is most likely an open design which means you can get at the adjustment scew handle. My plunge is attached to a table insert that easily pops out of the table so I get it close while it is out of the table and then reach under to fine adjust if necessary. Not as nice as a lift but $300 cheaper and I am really not in that much of a hurry that I feel I have to have one.
As Tom pointed out, maybe your router has an above the table lift built in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jim - Welcome to the forum:)
Not sure just what you have. Is it a Ryobi plunge router in a Ryobi table? or, a Ryobi plunge router in a table?
I'll also second Toms question about why you want a lift. If it's difficult to adjust, most plunge routers need the springs removed so you're not fighting the springs AND gravity to adjust bit height. I have heard that some Ryobi routers are difficult/impossible to take the springs out of though.
If you have one of the Ryobi tables, you may need to look into a shop built lift. I don't recall seeing any lifts that will accomodate the diamond shaped plate Ryobi uses.
Hi it is a Ryobi plunge router I also have the Ryobi router table.

Jim

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ok, so it it NOT the combo router/table kit that comes from home depot with the router and table together?

if not, then we need to know more about which table you have.

the thing about many of the ryobi plunge routers is that the plunger part is integral to the router, and you cannot remove the router motor from the plunger. the ryboi fixed base routers can be separated.

i have a ryboi fixed base router (not plunge), and i made my own lift and saved myself hundreds of dollars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts