I have set out to replace my 25 year +/- table saw extension with a larger and flatter one.
Using materials on hand (including left over laminate from the original it replaces) I have cobbled together this new one you see in the pictures.
The substrate is (3) layers of 1/2” Baltic birch glued and screwed. Both top and bottom are covered with laminate.
In another post I shared that I now have a Woodpecker PRL-V2 lift. Using the lift plate itself as a template, I made the wooden template I used for creating the perfectly sized opening to receive the lift.
Although this extension is heavy (and solid as a rock it seems), I will be adding some additional cross-bracing beneath plus a shop made dust collection enclosure.
I have also purchased the woodpecker combination miter/accessory track to install.
By making the extension larger, I gain the ability to move the table saw fence all the way to the right and still not impact the router bit.
I will post more as work progresses.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk