Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,386 Posts
The front rail looks strong enough but there isna good enough picture of the back rail but in either case I would add a pair of legs under the ends of the table to support it. That wing looks pretty heavy and the saw looks pretty light and It might want to make it tip over besides possibly putting too much strain on the rails. Putting legs on it allows the addition of a shelf underneath which is handy for storing blades and accessories like a tenoning jig for example.

·
Retired Moderator
16,386 Posts
Is General International in business any longer? This is a good price for a cast iron table saw wing. I do not need the router insert. I am having a hard time finding anyone who sells theirs #50-110.
It's my understanding that General International is just General now. At one time the company made some very good quality tools here in Canada, I believe in the province of Quebec. They decided that manufacturing here was too expensive and started importing tools from Asia instead. This is just all from memory so someone else may be be more accurate in their explanation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.