Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I need to know how to use it.
I understand manuals are hard to come by. This link Sears Craftsman Router Template Set Letters Numbers 9-2573 Woodworking has pictures of the box which give help in figuring it out. It has one single template holder and uses 5/8 and 7/16 guide bushings. My guess is go down your board with template holder and mark lines on the sides, move it to the right lining the left side to the marked line and then add a new on the right. Do that all the way down the boards and decide where you want to put your words and spaces. You'll need some sign making router bits and time to play around with it. Look at the Milescraft Sign kit it may give you some direction.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If you look at all the pictures you will see how to set it up. Once set up you simply put your router in the letter space and move it around until all the wood is removed. All you would need to do is put a bushing on the router so that when the bit gets close to the edge of the letter it doesn't actually cut the letter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.