Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
TerryS said:
Has anyone made a router turning jig? I like to make flutes and something like that would save me a lot of time. Thanks, Terry
If you can, find a copy of the December 2001 WOODWORKER'S JOURNAL . It contains an article on making a large (or small) dowel from a square or rectangular piece of stock. The article is on page 38 and describes the making of a Candleholder. It takes a lot more time than a lathe, but then when you don't have a lathe.... creativity is the solution. Worked for me.
Steveo

·
Registered
387 Posts
Vermont American made the router Crafter that Sears use to sell. I bought one from them a while back. I don't know if they still make them but u could try finding out if a
dealer ship is near you or try to find a web site for them.

Woodnut65

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
If I have to turn long parallel lengths of timber. After knocking off the corners and getting near to diameter. I use a hand plane on the wood, and slowly shear lane from end to end. It does not dig in, and leaves a terrifically smooth cut. Very little protruding plane blade is necessary.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi.
I must turn ostrich egg.
But that is big piece of wood and will be dangerous on lathe.
I see article in shop notes how to turn "Wood Mallet using router " this style
>>>url<<<
Device loks
>>>img url<<<
Hi Dominik

Your pictures did not appear. Were you trying to put them with the text?
To insert pictures you need to go down below the message box to where it says 'Attach Files' and 'Manage Attachments' and load them from there.

Why do you think turning an ostrich egg would be dangerous? You could rough it out on the bandsaw first to minimise the intermittant cuts.

Otherwise, you could build something like this, but increase the dimensions to accomodate the diameter of your egg. Sorry, I just realised that the image I wanted was on my office machine and not here, so I'll have to post it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
I get a lot out of old posts too, Dominik. My post wasn't being critical of you.

Peter, Dominik's pictures aren't posting because he has to make 10 posts before you can post pictures or URL's.

Dominik, it doesn't take but a few minutes to get your 10 posts. Just visit some forums and comment on what others have posted. The 10 post requirement is designed to minimize spam, especially automated spam.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Peter

That's a neat jig for doing fluting with a router,with a tweak or two it would be a great jig :)

Thanks for posting it :)

========

Here you go:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.