Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DeWalt 621 mounted in a Bob & Rick table that has worked well for three years has finally conked out. Bad bearings. Had them replaced but not much improvement. In fact, after only two hours of use, the bottom bearing went again. I have been doing a lot of work with a 1/4 inch upcut spiral bit. That would put a lot of side pressure on the bearing I think. Maybe that's why?
The wood I have been using is pine, BC red cedar and some poplar.
I have been looking at a Triton TRC 3 1/2 HP but it only has a 3/4 inch collet with an adaptor for 1/4 inch. It's on sale for a good price but I'm a bit leery of the 1/4 inch adaptor. Would it be a problem?
Thanks.
Mo.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Maurice
"Would it be a problem?" = it will be if it has a 3/4 inch collet ,or do you mean a 1/2" collet ? :) ,the norm would be 1/2" and a adaptor for the 1/4" router bits .
The Triton TRC 3 1/2 HP is a good router :)

Bj :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Maurice

I don't know about DeWalt but they do make great tools, you may have got a 5 o'clock Friday tool... :) some do get by the QC check.

Bj :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.