Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't have to make that statement on this website as all of you know how handy a router is in the shop. I had to take my grandson to basketball practice that last two days. Yes, they are already starting. Anyway, I used the time to brush up on router info and skills. The big book is by Patrick Spielman and covers a myriad of subjects: routers, jigs, shortcuts (no pun intended), accessories, operations done my a router. The other book is a Time-Life book on routing and shaping. Patrick Spielman is featured in the introduction and outlines making jigs used in routing and shaping. I didn't realize what could be done with a router. :surprise:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have a couple 3 Spielman woodworking/tool books, every so once in a while I go through all my books and find and or decide to build on of the jigs. The last one was a marking gauge I now use as a cutting gauge for string inlay

·
Premium Member
17,430 Posts
John before I joined here I wasn't even aware there were guide bushings that went on the base of routers for going inside of templates . Routers have an incredible amount of versatility , and I'm sure I'll be seeing differant uses for them for years to come .

Funny story , I was telling the lady in our planning department about this forum , and she thought I meant computer routers and was wondering why the hell anyone would join such a forum lol

·
Registered
869 Posts
Routers

John before I joined here I wasn't even aware there were guide bushings that went on the base of routers for going inside of templates . Routers have an incredible amount of versatility , and I'm sure I'll be seeing differant uses for them for years to come .

Funny story , I was telling the lady in our planning department about this forum , and she thought I meant computer routers and was wondering why the hell anyone would join such a forum lol
Another funny one. I worked in an IT department and one of my co-workers had worked as a carpenter before getting into IT. When I was about to buy my first router I figured this person would be a good one to ask about router brands, sizes, etc. When I asked him if he could provide some router buying guidance he too assumed that I was referring to computer routers and told me to talk to the folks that handled to computer routers.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Apparently there are several people out there who would instantly join a router forum to ask about WiFi, data speeds, and any other thing related to those, even without first reading any posts on the site, because it seems that several times a year there will appear an in depth question pertaining to problems associated with computer routers. They get all that posted, and even get several replies that they respond back to, before they finally notice it is a wood working site. I have also always been amazed at the number of helpful responses they get on the subject, and not one person tells them they're in the wrong place. What a great site this is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts