Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owen a Woodpecker 350 Sidewinder router lift. My home made table is going to pot. Therfor I'm looking for a good table, fence, & stand package. I like what I see on the computer site for the Kreg table. I know the table will fit my lift, but so will many others. The "table saw" style of fence makes a lot of sence to me. But I don't know of any woodworkers that have a Kreg Table. Does anybody out there have first hand knowledge about Kreg's system, and also that has first hand experiance with the company & the way they work with their custemers? I'm real happy with Woodpecker products, so if I can't get a good feel for the Kreg I'll get their table. Excuse any bad spelling, I don't have a formal education.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Scott, I think it is better to build your own table but if I was going to buy one it would be the Grizzly T10432. $130 plus shipping is tough to beat. No complaints on the Kreg tables, they are nice.

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Mike, that RT is almost an exact copy of my new RT.

Bought from Timbecon in Perth... I had one before I bought the OP table, so decided to go with them again.

Product Details

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Mike I don't have the Kreg table but have other Kreg products and when I have called them in the past they were happy to help. If you are going to build or buy a table think ahead to what you may want to add on. I have having problems setting up a Incra jig on mine and have noticed that the Rockler box jig might not work. The main thing you have to look at is where the router is placed (in the center, to the left right etc.) and where the miter gauge slot should be. Some fixtures require a slot others don't.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Scott, I think it is better to build your own table but if I was going to buy one it would be the Grizzly T10432. $130 plus shipping is tough to beat. No complaints on the Kreg tables, they are nice.
I bought that table kit a year ago for $120 delivered on a President's Special, and it rocks royally - meaning it is sweet. I have not used it but a couple of times, but I am pleased.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'll strongly recommend the Incra systems - and it is a true system. The LS Positioner system is dead-on accurate and solid. I have the LS17 (17") for my RT, and the Table Saw (TS-LS) sytem, as well.
MikeD

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Mike, many members own and prefer Incra products. This is one of the "Whistles and bells" methods.(That is not a slam) I prefer the "Keep it simple" methods promoted by Bob and Rick Rosendahl of the Router Workshop. There is also the "Festool method" where you spend two to five times more than you need to in order to complete a given task. All these methods work and are a matter of choice by each member.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mike - I appreciate your point.

As you know, I'm not a Festool advocate - IMO Festool is for individuals who have way too much money to spend and have bought into transferring wealth. While I am intrigued by their products functionality, I'd rather purchase 2 other things along with a non-Festool solution which works - the Bosch MRC23, for example. For the Festool afficionados, I know you enjoy your tools.

MikeD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts