Router Forums banner

Routing Tips and Techniques

7K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  template tom 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all
I will be taking a break from the forum as I intend sitting down to write down some of my experiences with the router and maybe send them to the various routing magazines that may be interested. I have put up a home page that may be of interest to some people who are new to routing and those who may wish to learn new techniques with the router.
If you are interested log on to www.wa1.quik.com.au/tod

I am limited to what I can submit due to lack of web space.

Note I have nothing to do with Carb-I-Tool I have only had great satisfaction with their cutters over the past 35 years.
Tom

Discussion starter · #8 · (Edited)
template tom said:
Hi all
I will be taking a break from the forum as I intend sitting down to write down some of my experiences with the router and maybe send them to the various routing magazines that may be interested. I have put up a home page that may be of interest to some people who are new to routing and those who may wish to learn new techniques with the router.
If you are interested log on to www.wa1.quik.com.au/tod

I am limited to what I can submit due to lack of web space.

Note I have nothing to do with Carb-I-Tool I have only had great satisfaction with their cutters over the past 35 years.
Tom
My apologies to those who may have tried to access my home page. My computer skills are not as good as my Router skills and I had to spend some time repairing the site. It is up again and as I promised I will try and change a few pages next month. If you have never used template guides before this is the place to start from. Look at the introduction to template guides to get you going. I know it is not the same method you have been using for years and yes you do have to spend some time preparing jigs and templates but in the end you will find it all worth while. Thanks to those who have posted and/or emailed me with their comments and encouragement. All I can say is at least give it a try. Best of luck.
Just as a matter of interest I have enclosed a photograph of one of my projects. It was a cabinet designed to fit into and coverup and block off a doorway
Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.