Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an order for a wedding/anniversary book Sunday nite. Needed it by this Sat. I got the file, should just add the names and dates. Shouldn't be a problem. I can run one off. OK - we'll give it a go.

Then it comes out. This is for her pastor's wife's birthday - replace the rings and verse with the church logo and the lady's name. And condense about 3 chapters of text to a few lines. Also had to glue up a new piece of baltic birch because the book had to be enlarged (more $$ to ship-baltic birch is heavy) to make it work. I had the original design file to fit stock sizes. And ... she lives in San Jose CA - 2000+ miles away.

Used the bitmap trace feature in Aspire (MEBCWD would be proud of me). Designed, glued up material, cut, painted, lacquered, dried, and sent out priority mail Wednesday.

Onward and upward!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I even surprise myself sometimes, Scott.

Reactions: Scottart

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,191 Posts
Even if it was a rush job, the results were great. Nicely done, John.

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really lucked out, Dave. I sure can do dumb things sometimes.

For the others -- With my perfect hurry up plan under way I made the book file (the oversized one) and started cutting that while designing the logo and text. I didn't save the new file (Aspire reverted back to the original) so I had nothing to put the Vcarve on.
So I reduced the text and logo a little and made a new book file as close to the original size as i could. Then I started the Z axis cut high and kept moving it down til it was acceptable. Had to be a lot of guesswork since the text was carved into a curved 3d pattern, not a flat one (that would have been easy). It didn't come out quite like I wanted it to, but I think it was acceptable. Stupid is as Stupid does.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Glad you got it finished and on it's way to the customer. Now back to work on stock for the festival.

Reactions: Scottart

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup - back to Polish Eagles.

Did a 22 x 11 Last Supper out of baltic birch shipped unfinished to Wyoming in the meantime.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is, Mark. Check your email.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got there on Friday according to USPS Priority Mail. Haven't heard anything else yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts