Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Doesn't matter if others like the table as long as you and your wife do. Congrats on a fine looking table. Points with the wife are a good thing. I ensure mine with Godiva Dark Chocolate Truffels but they are out of stock right now.......has me worrying:) But seriously, well done!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. As I get older it seems like I am doing less fine woodworking and more projects that are fast, easy, but functional. None of my kids want the solid wood furniture pieces that weigh a ton and may not be modern enough for their taste so I've gotten rid of most of it through the years. Only a few pieces left that I thought were cool. This one (though not fine woodworking) may fit that bill.

again, thanks for looking and the kind words.

·
Registered
22,020 Posts
That is a beautiful piece. Like you, I'm doing more small, practical projects only. Have a house full of furniture so don't have a need for bigger projects these days.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks all. As I get older it seems like I am doing less fine woodworking and more projects that are fast, easy, but functional. None of my kids want the solid wood furniture pieces that weigh a ton and may not be modern enough for their taste so I've gotten rid of most of it through the years. Only a few pieces left that I thought were cool. This one (though not fine woodworking) may fit that bill.

again, thanks for looking and the kind words.
The quality of your woodworking looks very good to the rest of us. It seems we all are our own worst critics.
Your table is SO Gorgeous! I love the color and finish! You should be proud of your accomplishments. Any flaws you might notice, are just special features, making your piece very unique!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.