Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using some rough sawn Eastern Red Cedar from East Texas. Little nook table for eating breakfast.

I know not to everyone's taste but really rustic and loud pattern that the wife loved so calling it a big win.

Some epoxy on the bigger knot holes and 4 coats of semi-gloss lacquer.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I love ERC, a big winner here as well.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,364 Posts
Lovely looking table, congratulations.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Doesn't matter if others like the table as long as you and your wife do. Congrats on a fine looking table. Points with the wife are a good thing. I ensure mine with Godiva Dark Chocolate Truffels but they are out of stock right now.......has me worrying:) But seriously, well done!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. As I get older it seems like I am doing less fine woodworking and more projects that are fast, easy, but functional. None of my kids want the solid wood furniture pieces that weigh a ton and may not be modern enough for their taste so I've gotten rid of most of it through the years. Only a few pieces left that I thought were cool. This one (though not fine woodworking) may fit that bill.

again, thanks for looking and the kind words.

·
Premium Member
19,973 Posts
That is a beautiful piece. Like you, I'm doing more small, practical projects only. Have a house full of furniture so don't have a need for bigger projects these days.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,524 Posts
Beautiful looking piece of wood. Nice job

1 - 12 of 12 Posts