Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some iroku by mistake. Its too orange for what I wanted so I had to find a use for a 5ft plank of the stuff.

My wife has several buddahs around the garden and I thought they looked uncomfortable on the concrete, so made them a couple of benches to sit and meditate on.

Quick and dirty, no plans, rough sawn timber, bandsaw cut freehand, with very minor touches on a belt sander to get the leg curves similar to each other.
heavily wiped with poly to try help them survive our weather.

Its not woodwork, but i think its art.:grin::grin::surprise:

·
Super Moderator
John
6,834 Posts
looks good I like it

Reactions: BobbyLee

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan, I actually tried them the other way up, thats where the "art" comes into it. They looked silly up the worng way.
Whereas this way, i just grin when i look at them.
And yes, for most of the year that concrete is too hot to walk barefoot on, so I'm sure I shall get a "pass" when it comes time for me to knock on his gates.

Good job I dont take this hobby too seriously isnt it?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Herb, think Florida for most of the year. a winter would give us 1 or 2 mild frosts, with a lot of cold winds. Thats only december till march at worst.
But we are already in summer. Shorts and T shirt for 4 weeks already. Wont need the heating on again til late november, maybe mid december if we're lucky.

Rain can happen up till may, but then none till november usually. When we moved here in 08, they were well into a 4 year drought with island wide water rationing.
August it peaks at serious temps. the temps can go over 43c (just used an online converter, thats a 110F) July and august are always high 30'sc (90f +)

We sometimes get small typhoons come ashore (15 miles from my house) and they can do some damage, but nothing like florida's hurricanes.

Lots of shade, cold drinks, and relaxing.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Herb, think Florida for most of the year. a winter would give us 1 or 2 mild frosts, with a lot of cold winds. Thats only december till march at worst.
But we are already in summer. Shorts and T shirt for 4 weeks already. Wont need the heating on again til late november, maybe mid december if we're lucky.

Rain can happen up till may, but then none till november usually. When we moved here in 08, they were well into a 4 year drought with island wide water rationing.
August it peaks at serious temps. the temps can go over 43c (just used an online converter, thats a 110F) July and august are always high 30'sc (90f +)

We sometimes get small typhoons come ashore (15 miles from my house) and they can do some damage, but nothing like florida's hurricanes.

Lots of shade, cold drinks, and relaxing.
Only 4 weeks???

Some of us are Canadian - just sayin'

Attachments

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Only 4 weeks???

Some of us are Canadian - just sayin'
Ah, memories! People in Florida start complaining about it being cold when it hits the 50's. When I comment that it is picnic weather they get all upset!

I judge how good a winter we have had by how many times I have to wear long pants. Almost perfect this year...only had to wear long pants once...Damn funeral:wink:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Bill

I was in Florida in February/March - my friends said it "was cooler than usual". I golfed 4 times a week in shorts - it's all relative.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Bill

I was in Florida in February/March - my friends said it "was cooler than usual". I golfed 4 times a week in shorts - it's all relative.
another unneeded image...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
okay...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts