Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a Ryobi RE1200 Plunge router mounted to a Ryobi Router Table.
Does anyone here know how to remove the springs from the router.

The router works well with the table except the springs make height adjustments a pain.I want to remove th springs and make my own height adjusting mechanism for it.

I tried removing the two allen(hex) key bolts in the base but I cant budge them.
any info or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Model: RE1200
Electronic speed control
6,35/8mm collect capacity

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
mmm, seems that removing the Allen(hex) screws at the bottom of the base is the only way.
I might drill them out, but then im going to have to re-tap to fasten the base on.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to get them out eventually(after stripping the entire router to pieces).
If anyone is intrested in a how to, i will do once i can post images.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I managed to get them out eventually(after stripping the entire router to pieces).
If anyone is intrested in a how to, i will do once i can post images.
Hi Gary - That would probably an appreciated addition to the "Router Reference>Ryobi" section.

·
Official Greeter
19,987 Posts
welcome to the forum, Nick.

Gary has not been back for 18 mths, but there is a chance someone else may be able to help you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

I tried, got the hex screws out, but nothing after that. Can you tell me how you managed it?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

You cant remove the springs from the bottom"base".I removed the top plastic housing of the router and removed the springs from the top.it was quite a job but well worth it.

As mentioned i have not been around for a while but as circumstances have changed i am slowly getting back into my woodworking.

I will try get you some photos for tomorrow.

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, this wont be the best ever description and images, but it will get you on your way im sure.

image1 - the 1200 ryobi plunge router.

image 2 - Remove the four Screws that hold down the top cover and pry the top cover off.

imjage 3 - Remove the four Plastic "thingies" with a flat screwdriver.Under neath them are four screws which you need to loosen and Cut the Brown Wire "Yes Cut it"

image 4 - here you can see one of the screws that was hidden by the plastic "thingies"

image 5 - you can now lift up the entire casing and remove the springs.

If memory servers when you cut the Brown wire, you also eed to disconnect all wiring as well - push lugs, so you can life the cover enough to get the springs out.

Hope this helps.

any questions send me a pm.
cheers
Gary

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
19,987 Posts
Thanks for that update, Gary. (and welcome back....)

I, for one, believe that the springs should be removed on any router set full time in a table

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok, this wont be the best ever description and images, but it will get you on your way im sure.

image1 - the 1200 ryobi plunge router.

image 2 - Remove the four Screws that hold down the top cover and pry the top cover off.

imjage 3 - Remove the four Plastic "thingies" with a flat screwdriver.Under neath them are four screws which you need to loosen and Cut the Brown Wire "Yes Cut it"

image 4 - here you can see one of the screws that was hidden by the plastic "thingies"

image 5 - you can now lift up the entire casing and remove the springs.

If memory servers when you cut the Brown wire, you also eed to disconnect all wiring as well - push lugs, so you can life the cover enough to get the springs out.

Hope this helps.

any questions send me a pm.
cheers
Gary

This worked perfectly. Found this forum after I had basically given up! Thank you! There will be much less cussing in my garage now!

·
Registered
Paul
2,139 Posts
Possible solution for some routers:

I have a MasterCraft (no-name or many-name) router that seemed to have no easy way to remove the springs. I locked the router in the up position. Lifted the rubber boot to expose the spring. Then unwound the spring off of the shaft. The hardest part is the first coil, after that it uncoiled quite easily by basically rotating the end that's free, kinda unscrewing it. I think that I could put them back in (they don't look damaged) but I plan on leaving this router in the table anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.