Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all.

I will be ordering a few items from the Amazon Canada site and was wondering if you would be so kind as to recommend a pair of safety glasses. Much appreciated.

Peter

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Peter; no particular recommendation from me, but my own personal gripe is the fogging up of the glasses when I'm wearing an N95 dust mask. Some of the members have sprung for the ventilated face shields, they swear by them.
I take it you don't need prescription glasses for near distances?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Hard to say what brand but just make sure that they have the appropriate certification by a reputable agency as Underwriter's Laboratories (US) or Canada Standards Association. I have seen products that carry certification by both agencies. Cost might be immaterial as the lens will the part where you need the safety factor. I'm sure your fellow Canadians can help here with more information.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Reactions: peterbata

·
Registered
21,688 Posts
You can order several types of prescription lenses that are shatter resistant and suited for shop use. I have a pair or two of these with progressive prescriptions for my far sightedness. Hard for me to see up close without them.

I have the Rockler ventilated dust maske (pix) that expels air over my cheeks, which clears any condensation on the lenses. I keep two sets of rechargable batteries ready to go. Each lasts about 3 hours. I really like having the positive pressure, filtered air that keeps all dust out. Fits nicely despite my considerable Gaulish proboscus.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PHP:
Peter; no particular recommendation from me, but my own personal gripe is the fogging up of the glasses when I'm wearing an N95 dust mask. Some of the members have sprung for the ventilated face shields, they swear by them.
I take it you don't need prescription glasses for near distances?
Thank you for the prompt reply @DaninVan. Actually, I do have to wear reading glasses. Hadn't thought of that. Should I be looking for safety glasses that will accommodate my reading glasses.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can order several types of prescription lenses that are shatter resistant and suited for shop use. I have a pair or two of these with progressive prescriptions for my far sightedness. Hard for me to see up close without them.

I have the Rockler ventilated dust maske (pix) that expels air over my cheeks, which clears any condensation on the lenses. I keep two sets of rechargable batteries ready to go. Each lasts about 3 hours. I really like having the positive pressure, filtered air that keeps all dust out. Fits nicely despite my considerable Gaulish proboscus.
That look like quite the setup there Doctor @DesertRatTom

Thank you for chiming in. Peter

·
Registered
21,688 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You can get plain safety glasses with what are called plus adds. Bifocals, but without any prescription for far, just for near. https://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S3760-M...91&sr=8-3&keywords=bifocal+safety+glasses+1.0

Order the one with the same power in the bifocal add as your reading glasses
Just what the doctor ordered. Thank you

I cringe every time I see the difference in price Amazon USA vs Amazon Canada.

Eg. Above mentioned product $9.31 USD vs $19.99 CDN (plus shipping)

It is virtually double the price with almost every product. Assuming the same product is available on the Canadian site of course!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a question / concern. My apologies if this is a little off-topic. Every now and then I will be browsing this site when all of a sudden I get redirected to some really suspect looking website. See attached photo. I know that the issue does not originate from my local machine as I am in IT and always make sure that my workstations are well protected. Should I be posting this elsewhere?

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I have a question / concern. My apologies if this is a little off-topic. Every now and then I will be browsing this site when all of a sudden I get redirected to some really suspect looking website. See attached photo. I know that the issue does not originate from my local machine as I am in IT and always make sure that my workstations are well protected. Should I be posting this elsewhere?
dump Google..
go w/ FireFox..
use DuckDuckGo for search...
and run CCleaner often..

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I had cataract eye surgery, so don't need glasses anymore. But when I did, I used a respirator DesertratTom recommended, and had already used a face shield. Worked very well for me, no issue with the glasses. I will continue using the face shield, because it works, I like it, and I don't get splinters and dust blown all over my face.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
This site is heavy on ads, I use Ccleasner ,Malwarebytes, ad block, and Adblock Plus, and my PC is running smooth and fast. at this moment They are blocking 7 ads, and it has reached 21 at times. the total for the last 2 months is, 142,923 ads.

Herb

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.