Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Mark here is the set I am working on now. The first picture is of the Mahogany wood block I started with. The second and third picture is of the main bowl and small bowl coming off the lathe after being sanded thru 600 grit. The last picture is the set after 2 coats of Seal-A-Cell. Now I am putting on the final finish of Arm-R-Seal. I really like this finish. As soon as the Arm-R-Seal is dry I will get some pictures of them done completely. One of my other favorite finishes is Mike Mahoney's Walnut Oil and then his Walnut Oil/Beeswax/Carnuba Wax combo buffed after drying.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Bernie,

Those are looking sooo good! It is hard to beat the General Finish line products. I think they have become my favorite over the last few months for both round and flat work.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Really to nice to eat out of. I'd be afraid I would scratch the bottom of them.

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Really nice Bernie, thanks a lot for sharing the start to finish of these bowls.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I appreciate all the comments. They are a labor of love for sure. Dr. Zook no worry about scratching the bottom. They are easily repaired. I have 2 more coats of Arm-R-Seal to put on and then they will cure for a couple of months. Then will be ready to go.

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Bernie very nice. I have a question though where did you get the wood like that for your blanks. I was interested in making a set of them myself.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glenmore I got my mahogany from this seller on ebay. He is " poeticsoul2". His store is The River's Edge Exotics. His wood is good and I was pleased doing business with him. Hope this helps.

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Thanks Bernie one of my books woodturners catologe has the blanks you mentioned I going to try my hand on some maple. Wife has a set but it short some serving bowls. So I'll be doing them soon.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glenmore you will like turning the mahogany. To me it is a dream to turn especially the kiln dried stuff. Can't wait to see them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts