Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know a little early to post a Santa(made a little while ago) but this is the first of more as I am now onto a elf/gnome to go with him. As I said in my introduction I love all forms of woodwork.
Hopefully all the things I have posted covers most of the type of things I enjoy doing in wood.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Derek ...
you have some serious talent...

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
OK I know a little early to post a Santa(made a little while ago) but this is the first of more as I am now onto a elf/gnome to go with him. As I said in my introduction I love all forms of woodwork.
Hopefully all the things I have posted covers most of the type of things I enjoy doing in wood.
I like your work,Derek, do you get your ideas from pictures?

Are these figures hollow, or a solid piece of wood? It would be nice to see some pictures of the building of one to give us an idea how you do such wonderful work.

Herb

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like your work,Derek, do you get your ideas from pictures?

Are these figures hollow, or a solid piece of wood? It would be nice to see some pictures of the building of one to give us an idea how you do such wonderful work.

Herb
This one is from a book called "Carving wooden Santas elves and gnomes".
It is carved from a solid, I did not take any progress photo's for this one

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
Amusing gnome/Santa. I'd love to see process photos myself. What kind of wood? Part of a tree trunk?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amusing gnome/Santa. I'd love to see process photos myself. What kind of wood? Part of a tree trunk?
This one is carved from Tulip Wood I did not have a piece thick enough so laminated two pieces together in this case it did not matter as it is painted. You can join wood together even if you intend to just use varnish but you would need to get a good grain colour match as near as possible.

Sorry I did not photograph this one like I normally would.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts