Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Nicely done. Good idea for working at various heights. Have you found the weight limit before the top wants to slide back down?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not yet, but did use it as an infeed support for the table saw and must not of tightened one side enough, because it started to droop from two sheets of 3/4 plywood. I share a woodshop with my 82 yr old Father, and he is always telling me I tighten things too much, except for this time!!!!!! Thanks for looking.Tripp

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
No, not yet, but did use it as an infeed support for the table saw and must not of tightened one side enough, because it started to droop from two sheets of 3/4 plywood. I share a woodshop with my 82 yr old Father, and he is always telling me I tighten things too much, except for this time!!!!!! Thanks for looking.Tripp
I need to support something once in a while on my drill press or band saw which are both higher than table saw, work bench, etc. If your sawhorse will hold up two sheets of ply that should cover anything I would put on them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It also tops out at around 44" tall, so it can be set up for a work station too....

·
Registered
550 Posts
That's pretty good if it takes 2 sheets of plywood to make it start sliding down. You might want to put a piece or three of adhesive-backed sandpaper in between the sliding parts and that might help it grip more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.