Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum. I am needing info as to what kind of router table to invest in or construct. I have an old but very good Rockwell model 6302 that I plan to use in my table. Should I go vertical or horizontal? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

S. S.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Ed

Why not do both :) many,many times you need to put the stock on it's edge and run it by the bit,,the safe way is to lay it down flat...in that why you don't need a TALL fence because the top is the fence..:)

http://www.routerforums.com/project-plans-how/9782-best-both-worlds.html

=====

I am new to the forum. I am needing info as to what kind of router table to invest in or construct. I have an old but very good Rockwell model 6302 that I plan to use in my table. Should I go vertical or horizontal? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

S. S.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the router forum.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

S. S.
Hi Ed:

Not to dissuade you from Bob's solution, but I prefer a tall fence to a vertical table. The only exception would be for molding large pieces, then the vertical table has it over all other methods of router usage.

Everyone that visits/joins the forum asks this question at some point in their career. To start, at the top of the page is a "Forum/Community Search" window. Search "router table" and get ready to read. There's also lots of pictures and comments about just about every permutation of table you can imagine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts