Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any idea what might be wrong with the SawMillCreek website? Since late yesterday evening when I try to go to the site, I get a page saying that my computers time and date are wrong and that I need to change them. An advanced search tells me how to change these things on my computer. It's not my computer, it's on their end. All other sites I visit have no issues.
I sent an email to them with no response. Any ideas? Are there any SMC members here who can give me an account of this issue?
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
It appears that SawmillCreek's certificate (security certificate required when using "httpS") has expired as of yesterday, so you're browser won't connect to their website because it thinks it is unsafe. They will need to update their certificate. Problem is their's not yours.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I also discovered this when I tried to Logon this morning. I purposely set my computer clock a couple of minutes ahead on purpose for another reason, and if it has to be set to an exact time, then I guess I won't be going to Sawmill Creek any more. I'm not changing my computer's clock time just to suit them. To me, any time and date setting within plus or minus 5 minutes and the correct date should be acceptable to them. We should not have to synchronize our computers that closely to exactly match the National Bureau of Standards time, which is available to you if you want it exact by looking at your cell phone time. It is provided automatically on the cell phones by the GPS satellite system.

If you want to change your computer clock, just click on where Windows displays your computer's time and/or date. You can then change either there, then clock on "Apply" and both the time and date will be corrected. For me, I'm leaving my clock off by a few minutes "on purpose".

Charley

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
Vince is correct. I started getting the message last night that their certificate is out of date. Kaspersky gives me the option of continuing for 30 minutes or disconnecting, so I can still see the site with no issues.

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.