Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used table saw and router table extension, both by Craftsman. I know they're not top of the line, but I thought it would save money over buying the 2 separately. They haven't been used much, but I found out after getting the manual online that I'm missing the 1/2 in. collet that it came with. I only have the 1/4 in. I don't know if the 9.0 amp motor has enough power to use large 1/2" shank bits. A replacement collet at Sears costs $46 :(

I just worked on unsticking the depth adj ring all day today. The sliding parts are plastic on plastic--do you think graphite powder would be a good idea to lube the threaded areas? I think any liquid would cause dust to stick. I will keep the thing in a plastic bag to keep any dust settling on it when not in use. I don't want it to jam again!

regards,
Cam

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Cam and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
G'day Cam

Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.