Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hey Josh, I know this a router and woodworking forum...NICE LATHE! I have wanted a metal lathe for several years now, but lack of money and know how have held me back, nice shop by the way too!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jack. I probably should have cleaned up a little for the shoot but.....you know how that goes. As far as the lathe I love it. I bought it a few years back from a guy that had worked it for over 33 years in his home. It is a 1955 Southbend. I used to have a fabrication shop that I made anything from tools to winch plates for ships. No more though.
Sorry guys for the metal talk but I do have a passion for anything that is created by hand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah not really the poster child for OSHA but that saw is the killer. I know it is old but so is everything I own. Still going like a champ

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Josh, no way you can call this a ******* shop. No antlers, beer signs or Nascar... :jester:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Welcome Josh, is the heavy bag kickin Your but or just hangin around, mine used to have the ability to whip my arse after a 5 or 6 - 3 minute rounds

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Josh, that South Bend is a classic! Don't see many of them down south anymore. I've been a manual metal machine tech for over 30 years. I almost landed one years back, but I had no room for it. I wish I was working where I am now, I know they would have allowed me to keep it in the shop. Just don't run into them anymore. Just cheep foreign models that are just worn out or not made anymore, thus no parts, when companies are ready to get rid of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts