Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to do a little clean up in the basement on a big bench (I need the room) I dug out my son's old scroll saw. Looks like it's a 1994 which would put him at 12 at the time, which is about right.

It's a Delta 2 speed 16" Model 40-560 Type II.

Think it's worth trying to clean up and save?? Or just pitch it?? Was only used by him for a couple of years and then abandoned.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
save it...

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I go along with the rest. Save it. Whatever, don't just scrap it. If you don't want it later, you can always decide to sell it, trade it, gift it, whatever. Heck, even give it to your son. But, if nothing else you can adopt me and send it to me. Hehehe

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Good idea, Tom.

I'm discovering a lot of forgotten stuff on this bench, like my deer antlers from 2014, 2011, and 2008. And, all my Shopsmith books from the 80's. And that's just one afternoon.

Also, several partial boxes of screws almost full.

On another note, what's the best way to clean the bed on this scroll saw before waxing it???

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good idea, Tom.

I'm discovering a lot of forgotten stuff on this bench, like my deer antlers from 2014, 2011, and 2008. And, all my Shopsmith books from the 80's. And that's just one afternoon.

Also, several partial boxes of screws almost full.

On another note, what's the best way to clean the bed on this scroll saw before waxing it???
If it's rusty, I'd use PBBlaster and steel wool.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
John - the only time I would throw out a tool is if it isn't working and beyond repair. Clean it up, use it now or save it for later.

For rust removal I like to use Boeshield Rustfree with a maroon 3M Scotchbrite pad, then some paste wax or Boeshield T9 to protect it.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Clean it up and use it, then gift it to your grandson or granddaughter when they are old enough to use it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.