1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
I am the proud owner of an old Sears #315.17480 router, which I have inherited
from my father-in-law.
This thing has serious genitals, and will hog aluminum if pushed hard enough.
Unfortunately, it also eats brushes like popcorn...
The Sears manual does not call out an armature part number. However, a similar unit,
the Sears 315.17380, has an excellent blow-up drawing which does.
Do any of you experts know the difference(s) between the '17380 and '17480 ?
The Ryobi 163 unit has an array of parts which are interchangeable with the '17380,
and could get me back on the air quickly.
My thanks in advance for your help.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi John and welcome. There might be someone who knows the answer to that but there is also a good chance that an older electrical repair shop might have a set laying around that would work. I doubt if Ryobi made their own brushes. Most of that kind of thing is outsourced to a company that specializes in it. So the chances are that those brushes may have been used in other tools as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
When I was having problems with my Craftsman cordless drill, someone on here told me Craftsman electrical tools are made by Ryobi. You could try calling a Ryobi repair shop.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Any Sears tool that starts with 315. is made by One World Technologies which is Ryobi's parent company.

·
Official Greeter
18,753 Posts
G'day John, welcome to the forum.

This seems to be a common issue with older tools...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,358 Posts
Welcome to the forum John.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Back in the 80's, I was routing along merrily with my Sears router when it cratered. I took it to Sears, and they looked at it. The guy said it would be more expensive to repair it than buy a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts