Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sears, Craftsman, Model 315.174921
PDF Manual Attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Gerard

You may want to stick it under the CRAFTSMAN heading so others can find it..
OR just hold off for a bit and Mike/Bob will move it for you :)

:) :)

========

Sears, Craftsman, Model 315.174921
PDF Manual Attached.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Gerard. I just got one used for $5! At that price, you get the router, a laminate bit, a cove bit and the plastic case but no manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found the Craftsman router 315.174921 in my father-in-laws basement without the manual. Your site has solved my problem. I hope to be back with questions and maybe some answers going foward.
Jim

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dang, wife paid 25 for mine but it was mounted in a Craftsman Router Table so I guess the price was right there too, but as yours, came without a manual or fence for that matter but Sears still has the fence so I ordered the 2 piece set for 6 bucks, one thing about Sears they don't rip you off when it comes to parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got it for $15. Does anyone know which router guide will fit?
It doesn't seem to have the screw in "arms" type of guide like the other routers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm SO happy to find this site. I just picked up this Router with 8 bits for $25., along with several other good finds. I'm hoping for some input. Was it a good buy? Is this a pretty good Router? I think the guy I bought it from knew less about WWkg than me. It was an impetuous decision, so I have no clue whether this one will do plunge or go into a table or what. The wrench was missing too. Is there a replacement or can I just use one of my other wrenches? If so, what size? Thanks for the pdf, as my manual was missing. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum, and thanks for the manual! I mentioned to my brother that I was looking for a router, and he mentioned that he had one of these Craftsman routers just sitting around that I could have since he never used it.

He just dropped it off today, and my first question is, does anybody have a suggested router table for this particular router? I know it's an older router, but would the SKIL RAS900 SKIL Router Table from Amazon work with this router?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'd post a link, but this is my first post, and it won't let me. :)

Sean

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome, Sean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found one of these last year at an auction; probably paid a little too much. It had the Bis-kit attached. I found a base plate at Woodcraft and in the process of installing it on the Craftsman, discovered noticeable side-to-side play (several mm) in the spindle. I suspect bearings, but otherwise have no idea of the source of this. Your thoughts are welcome. Would the cost be low enough to warrant repair? Is there any way it is a DIY job?
Dave

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,334 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts