Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I really appreciate the help I got from this community in order to fix my friends router. As always he found the manual after we fixed the machine. I have decided to make the complete manual available to everyone.
Cheers

Dave Speer

Attachments

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Thank you very much. We will put this in the proper location for others to use. Can you tell us what needed to be done with the router?

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi dspeer

That's very nice of you to take the time to do all that work. :) thanks

here's just one more place to see it.. :)

CRAFTSMAN | Model #31517431 | CRAFTSMAN ROUTER | SearsPartsDirect.com

CRAFTSMAN | Model #31517431 | CRAFTSMAN ROUTER | BASE ASSEMBLY | SearsPartsDirect.com

CRAFTSMAN | Model #31517431 | CRAFTSMAN ROUTER | MOTOR ASSEMBLY | SearsPartsDirect.com

=======

Hi everyone

I really appreciate the help I got from this community in order to fix my friends router. As always he found the manual after we fixed the machine. I have decided to make the complete manual available to everyone.
Cheers

Dave Speer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much. We will put this in the proper location for others to use. Can you tell us what needed to be done with the router?
Yes, He was beginning to get an electrical burning odor from the machine so we decided to tear it down to give it a good cleaning and perhaps change the brushes. We couldn't figure out how to take the lock switch out in order to take the plastic housing off. I went to you site and someone had posted a photo which was worth a thousand words. Airer we were done he found the original Manuel which I was unable to find on the Internet. So I posted the whole thing for others to see
Cheers Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
removal of fan

Hi everyone

Cheers

Dave Speer
Dave,
I'm new to the forum. How did you remove the fan from the top (Item 32)?

Chuck Brown

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dave,
Sorry for the ? on fan removal, I figured it out that it screwed on.
I've got a short or bad switch. Don't know which yet.
Thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another happy reader

Hi everyone

Cheers

Dave Speer
Dave, thanks for posting the Craftsman 315.17431 router manual.
Was just what I was looking for.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone

Cheers

Dave Speer
Thanks Dave for the post. I searched every where for the manual on the web but could not find it. This is a big help and time saver.

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
Hi I am new on this site, can you help me to remove the fan on top of this router?
Tank you
Simon
Welcome to the forum, Simon.

There are parts lists in the post that may help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried to remove it,but I can't
Somebody knows how to remove this fan?
Parts assembly not explain how to remove
Tank you
Simon

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
I am thinking that you may need a gear puller to remove the fan. ??

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this model and today realized that there is allot of axial play (in/out) of the shaft only when the motor is running. Can someone explain how the fan and lock switch is removed. I read about that the fan unscrews. Minme does not seem to budge and it sure does not look like it was meant to be gripped and spun. Does it spin CCW? I removed the setscrew from the lock switch, but the plastic handle does nto slid off. Any advice? Does anyone know what I might find to be the cause of the shaft play?

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi JR and welcome. I had one apart a few years ago but I'm not 100% sure how I did it. It seems to me that it required getting the shaft lock off first. The play might be due to worn bearings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sears Router Model#315.17460

Thank you so much for sharing the manual on here! Yesterday, I bought a used Sear Router Model #315.17460 at the local Goodwill Store for $10!!!! It has quite a few bits with it too!!! However, no manual and there are a couple screws missing. After looking at the manual you have on here, I know what I need to use this router (a set screw and a clamping wing nut). I plugged it in just to make sure it turned on...woohoo! I am so excited!!! I want to make jewelry boxes for my granddaughters for Christmas. Any ideas of what to make for grandsons? Out of 14 grandchildren, 3 are boys-LOL!

Anyway, thank you again for your contribution!

Have a great day!!!!
Dianne L Springer

1 - 20 of 27 Posts