Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the forum and of course I have a question. The bearings in my Sears router, Model# 315.17491, were bad and I changed them. Putting it back together I found the springs in the safety switch were bent, and then I lost one. I was looking for a cut sheet of the switch couldn't find on. I couldn't get the switch to lock in the unlocked position. It ran fine if I manually held the switch in the ON position.

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Try ereplacementparts.com. Sears parts are sort of like hens teeth. If you find them, let us know. We get a lot of off brand router owner requests like this. Most of us buy tools elsewhere. Bosch is very popular in these parts. DeWalt, Makita and a few other brands are a usually a better choice.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I don't know anything about this router so I don't know if it is worth saving. However, if you mount it on a table then it should be easy to workaround. Simply wire it up so that it is always on. Then control it with a switch-controlled outlet mounted on the table. While you're at it plug in a shop vac so that both go on at the same time. Unless you are doing a lot of unusual stuff the table is where it should be mounted.

·
Registered
Paul
2,122 Posts
It might be hard to find a switch like that. I'd look again for the spring. If it's a coil spring, maybe you could cut one from a cigarette lighter flint spring, or a pen spring? Or as the boys above mentioned and run it in a table.

·
Official Greeter
19,856 Posts
G'day, welcome to the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.