Router Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
yeah, box details please.

And, don't bother with a secret compartment - if someone is robbing your house, they're taking the box with them. lol

OK, so that was just a joke - I'd like to hear what other have to say on secret latches, too.

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
Sort of hate to say it, but it looks like that box could have been made with sawdust mixed with glue. Neat if so.

As far as secret compartments, look up details of some of the old roll top desks. Some of those had over a dozen different secret compartments. That should give you some ideas. Puzzle boxes sometimes have secret compartments also.

Reactions: Nickp

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,361 Posts
Sort of hate to say it, but it looks like that box could have been made with sawdust mixed with glue.
That's what it looks like to me but I want to know how he did that. It's something I might want to copy! :wink:

David

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Dustin Penner has made some jewelry boxes with secret compartments and made YouTube videos of the construction. You might like one of his methods. He hasn't posted anything lately, but made quite a few interesting woodworking videos in the past.

Charley

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
major AWESOME!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.