Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am new to Routing. I bought a Dewalt - DW618B3E. Would any one please advice me on which Table to buy for this Router ?
Cheers and Thanks
AC

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Amit, your router will work fine in most tables. The best value for your money is the Grizzly T10432 for $130. Other companies sell identical tables for $200 minus the legs.

When warm weather arrives you should come join us in Detroit to make sawdust. Just hop on the 401. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you are looking for the best budget buy, follow Mike's advice on the Grizzly T10432. I did, for the new Christmas Dewalt (trim router) kit. It has more to offer than other tables in its price range. With shipping, it will more likely be $150-$170 but you'll be set.

If budget is less of a concern, I liked the Lee Valley Veritas (steel top) table setup I used to have. It was steady and extremely versatile. I assume it's still sold. It cost more than most average tables but far less than many custom tables.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Make one out of 2 sheets of 3/4" MDF.
Heck of a lot cheaper than anything you can buy.
Even the table in your avatar has more to it than that! Two pieces of MDF may make an OK table top, but even the Oak Park router table was a bit more complex than that!(laminate, mounting plate, a "box" to set it on, etc).

·
Registered
802 Posts
I agree with Mike, the Grizzly has a lot to offer for the money. Later build your own cabinet under it and use the stand for some other bench top tool or work table. That is my intent with mine,

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Amit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts