Ross
9,354 Posts
Nice work Rusty.

Reactions: Rusty Nesmith

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,004 Posts
What a wonderful work of art,and BIG. What patience and skill.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice. A very interesting approach to the bottom. I have not seen anything similar so far.
Ok I will spill the beans. I glued three pieces of maple and two walnut together. The next day I went out to take it out of the clamps. I thought it would be cool to cut the bottom and flip a couple to make it checker pattern. Half way through my first cut it hit me that it wouldn’t work because it was an odd number. So I cut the rest and added the walnut strips to fix my screw up and that is what I ended up with.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ok I will spill the beans. I glued three pieces of maple and two walnut together. The next day I went out to take it out of the clamps. I thought it would be cool to cut the bottom and flip a couple to make it checker pattern. Half way through my first cut it hit me that it wouldn’t work because it was an odd number. So I cut the rest and added the walnut strips to fix my screw up and that is what I ended up with.
It's not that you made a mistake, it's the beautify way you corrected it. The mark of a good craftsman.

Reactions: Rusty Nesmith
1 - 12 of 12 Posts