Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my Router Forum Friends,

When last you heard from me I was starting a big project, at least for me, that entailed remodeling my kitchen cabinets. We am I very happy to say this project is finished as of yesterday! I am very please with the way things turned out. I bought rough hewn 4/4 red oak and 1/4" red oak MDF core plywood to make the frame and panel doors. I was first of all going to cut all the frames off the cabinets and built new frames. I quickly scrapped that idea and planned on buying a festool vac. and sander and sanding all frames. Finally, I settled on veneering the frames and cabinet sides and I think that was by far the best and easiest idea. I started the project in earnest in September when the Phoenix temp started to cool and finished yesterday before the heat is turned on!

I must say the emotional side was the hardest as when i first started I could not turn back but I was unsure if I could or would ever finish this project. I must say my wife encouraged me all along and said not to rush as I would finish this project and it would look good.

I will let you be the judge as to whether or not they look good. They sure look good enough to me!

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that kitchen came out great even the horizontal cabinets...

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
:wink:very nicely done, looks like your wife was right, you got it done did a good job

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
the horizontal appliances must be a chore to use too....

Reactions: MLP and LazurusLong

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Congrats on a job well done Jim!!! The Mrs. got your number buddy!! :)

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Very nice, Jim. Quite an undertaking while continuing to live in the house. Good job and a patient wife. What could be better?

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Nice work,Jim. The grain on the rails/stiles matches the panels quite well. Lot of work to do those, but you did good. I am glad everything went well for you. Nice kitchen.

Herb

Herb

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Looks perfect to me , great job . Tell you the truth I'd be a little intimidated by a project of this magnitude

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
They look really good Jim.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
WoW!! Incredible grain pattern there. A really nice project.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Jimbo my friend,

That's some nice-looking work there! Your plan was very well executed. I am sure your wife is very pleased! Joy and I have a very simple policy considering our house: Everything permanent is to enhance the property value - and you have certainly done that! Kitchen improvements are very good at increasing a house's value!

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia

·
Registered
236 Posts
The wood grain really looks great on those doors. Well done.

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the middle of the same type of project right now. I hope that mine turns out as nice as yours!
Great work!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts