Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 30 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Which ones are the hanging filtration units? Nah I wouldn't want a gym membership. This is so much more convenient.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum! A lot of the regulars on here are old retirees with a lot of highway miles. Looks like you're on the right track with everything organized! I know about dust settling on everything, including places you wouldn't expect. I hung a WEN 3410 overhead air filter circulator in my 390 S.F. shop. It does a great job but because I have so many machines and only a 5 micron bag on my dust collector, the 1 micron filter gets dirty really fast. I went with WEN because in that capacity, all the brands have about the same specs, and the WEN is quite a bit cheaper (they're just about all made in China). For your situation, a model 3410 would be about perfect for what you're in need of, up to 400 s.f. Bonanza.com's price is about $123.

· Registered
185 Posts
I've got a hanging Wen box filter with a remote control but so far haven't bother putting it up. As for garage space I was lucky to find a garage 2-car deep and 2 car wide 20' x 40' roughly. Still park 2 cars in the front but use the back half for shop tools. My challenge though is finding floor space or even clear bench space to work on new projects. Add that to a 15 x 20 basement room that has my 25" x 50" CNC and some support tools like benchtop drill press, bench with a router built in, benchtop bandsaw, and small benchtop jointer.
Two things a woodworker never has enough of: Clamps and floor space!

· Registered
185 Posts
I keep a box fan with a furnace filter taped over it running constantly. It works great to keep air clean.
I have a wall mounted roof exhaust fan pulling warm air coming off my wood heater through a pleated filter. The heater, air compressor, and D/C are in a separate room. Filters the air as it heats my shop with recirculating warm air on cold mornings!

1 - 3 of 30 Posts