Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A neighbor asked for a serving tray 22 in. by 18 in., 2.5 in. high. This is what I managed to come up with. I made all pieces on the Table Saw, Router Table and Band Saw, along with Drill Press and sanders. The corners are @ 5% on RT with 45% lock miter bit. The handles are each half of a 4.5 in. wooden ring I cut with the Router and a down cut spiral bit. I used a 1 half in. round over bit to do inside and out of the ring. Then I cut the ring on the Band Saw and mounted the handles with dowels @ a 5% angle as well. That was a challenge in its self. The wood is Sapele Mahogany and the finish is 3 coats of Teak Oil, sanded between coats.
I am always open to comments and suggestions. No one can know all the answers, but Router Forums helps with the ones I missed in my edumication!! Thanks for lookin in!!

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
pure class....

Reactions: ksidwy and jw2170

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
:). Very nicely done. Reg

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
WOW! Nice!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Great finish!

HJ

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
I really like the large handle holes. Great job Reg.

PS: To get the degree symbol hold down the ALT key and type 0186 then release. IE.. 45º.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,344 Posts
Very nice Reg.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Well Done!

·
Registered
115 Posts
You've taken a common object and made a version that's truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing, it's really inspirational.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
as my Grandmother used to say, "Thats a Dandy"... A silver tea service on that and it would show well in any "finer things" publication.

very nicely done :)

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I can't add anything to what's already been said. Nice job!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts