Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site. Found it only a couple days ago. I picked up wood working from my dad who perfected his craft and taught wood shop and building trades at the local high school for 35 years.

I'm currently developing a shop of my own, but fear it will be quite some time before I have a shop like my dad's where I'm used to working.

I enjoy working with all kinds of woods. Most of my experience lies in red oak, cherry, walnut, and birch. I was given a Porter Cable router by my dad. It is a 2 1/4 hp with a plunge base kit. I also have on loan a rigid table saw.

I'm looking for a place to bounce ideas off people and learn as much about woodworking as I can. I do it to save money. I've built just about every piece of furniture in my house. Including:

coffee tables
end tables
futon frame
entertainment center
head board
night stands
dresser
bar table
lamps

I used to have pics of all that stuff. I'll have to see if I can locate them.

My interest now lies in building DIY high end speakers. I've been into audio as long as I have been into wood working and it made sense to mix the two. I don't have them complete yet, as I still have to apply the veneer.

They can be seen here:

well, maybe not, I can't get the url to show up. I'll have to read the forum rules.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Don't take me too literally, at first glance Time Windows came to mind. Their construction was different with no tweeters, 2 - 6" drivers mounted higher up in the cabinets and the base port was lower and larger. I never owned any but a good friend did. I much preferred the Ohm Walsh 2 speakers sitting in my living room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.