Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Tom and jrs4464

Yes the router has a voice so to speak :), it will tell you if you are working it to hard or to easy :), just like all equipment , it takes time with your router to find the voice/tone but most will tell you real quick if it's working to hard.
It's not a hummm it's a tone of the bit and the router makes when you are making a pass, it's nice to have a speed control to start but not a hard fast rule,you can always set the speed down to start with and then work up, the faster the bit turns the better the cut but this is not the rule when using big bits, like Panel bits,it's the tone and what you fill comfortable/safe with.

I have always been timid (lacking in self-assurance, courage, or bravery; easily alarmed; timorous;.) when it comes to routers and the bit that turns at 20,000 RPM so I always set the speed down to where I like it to be and do a good job without cooking the bit or the wood.

Just my 2 cents :)

Bj :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.