Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning to all. My name is Ray and this is my first post. I'm located in the foothills of NC.
I am in the process of building my shop. My plan is to set 2 table saws on right angles to form the first part of the work center and place the joiner on the side of the primary saw. All the gaps and out feed from primary saw will be cabinets with storage or chase for below floor dust collection. Does anyone have experience with a similar design.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,916 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums Ray,

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Ray and welcome. My setup is very similar to what you describe. My second saw is off to the left of my main saw and the jointer is behind me when I'm at the main saw. Quite often I have both running at once so that I can make a cut and then clean it up on the jointer before making another cut. I have about a 4ft long outfeed table on the main saw but a cupboard the same height would work too it's just that you need to extend the mitre grooves across the top of it for a ways, especially if you use a sled and I highly recommend you make one.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,909 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ray.

·
Registered
786 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ray's tablesaw workstation

Thank you for your comments. Really look forward to continue these communications. Sure to have lot more questions in the future. Cannot wait to make sawdust in my new shop. Best wishes to all and watch them fingers. Ray

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best wishes on your shop. At this point I'm working on the footers, not very photogenic. I will try to post pics when I start framing. Thanks for the interest. Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts