Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'd take this accident as the sign from a benevolent god that you should get a new router. I have an old CMan router that I keep as a backup for my backup hand held router. I use it maybe twice a year to avoid bit swapping on a complex project but I don't trust it with more than rounding over or chamfering. If it was my only router, I'd go and get a new one. pronto! Horrible depth adjust (tightening changes the depth, ugh), no light (bulb fails after 10 minutes of use), poor ergo, no softstart, no dust extraction, horrible locking mechanism, surprisingly large runout. Years ago, I gave up looking for replacement parts for it (to fix the light problem) - even 10 years ago, there were no replacement parts available.

There are lots of current models that are so much better. Personally, the DW618 in the plunge base with integrated dust extraction is what I'd get. It's not the "absolutely best" midrange router but the DE capability makes it a joy to use. Wish its locking mechanism and depth adjust were a little better but it's still pretty good.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.