Router Forums banner

Preferred method of shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I might as well beef about it now that the topic is up...

You know what really bugs me? .... Razor blade companies! They aren't the only ones that do it, but they just keep on "improving" their products. That's all fine and dandy, but I'm pretty convinced that most of the improvements are marketing plays to sell more razors at higher costs. They come up with a new name, new price and some gimmick. The new razor works great. Then again, so did the old one... until the new one came out! Then suddenly (actually slowly), replacement blades for the old one starts using steel from a generic router bit that was recycled out of a south asian sweat shop! Next thing I know, I'm pulling whiskers, not cutting them off! Jeesh!

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Actually all razor blades are made from recycled metal. The stainless is made from metal turnings from machine shops, old wheel covers, car bumpers, used surgical tools, anodes and cathodes from plating tanks and a small portion of Moly flue dust. As a rule the last 8-10 feet of ribbon from the stamping machine gets tossed into the mix. All of these items are mixed in 6' cube fiberglass bags which are dropped into the furnace 10 at a time. It's just like baking a cake only dirtier!
PS: Razor blades that are magnetic can rust if you dont dry them but keep an edge longer than non-magnetic stainless.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Both, blade in the shower, and elec razor in front of the mirror...

I hate shaving too, used to have a beard, but in Japan they consider you some kind of a barbarian if you have a beard.... I say, "Well I am" but my lovely wife don't like it, and I don't get as many smooches with a beard, so I shave... :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
37 Posts
In my life of 32 years, I have had 3 electric razors, the last of which was an $80 R*******n, given to my by my son for father's day a few years back.

They ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS pull hairs and irritate the h3!! out of my neck skin! I've given em a fair shake, using "pre" shaving lotions and creams and liquids of all sorts, for a period of a month or more at a time. As soon - and I mean the very first time - as I try shaving without the "pre" shaving stuff, it happens again - I'm walking around with a red, burning, stinging neck (I'm not a red neck, but have one after using these).

Never again will I waiste money (or allow my wife to waiste it on me) on one of these contraptions.

My latest razor is the M3. Got it for $2 off the clearance rack at Meijer (unopened, just torn package). Works great! Although, now they have the M3 Nitro!!! I bet it works better just because it is black, sleek and sexy, right?

·
Registered
134 Posts
i want to be bald

It annoys me that the first thing I do (well its actually the second) each morning is something I hate to do and that is shave. But i have done the beard thing and thats worse. And i hate having to get a haircut and appearing to be a mature 56 year old adult and I hate every single hair on my body. I WANT TO BE BALD EVERYWHERE (oops, have i shared too much?)

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
The good ol' "cut-throat" razors are the best. Providing ya keep em sharp. ;)
Currently using the M3. Preferred the old single blades but the refill blades are no longer available. So I had to buy a whole new razor.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Use both but prefer plain old disposable razor - no soap or cream, just water.
Have had a beard for the last 30 years - shaved it off about 15 years ago, and the Supreme Being wouldn't talk to me for 2 weeks 'cause she'd never seen me without one and said I looked even weirder than before! - grew it back again. Hmmm... maybe I should shave it off again.
Julie, I don't shave my legs, but AM trying to figure out how to shave my back!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.