Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The attached thickness sander was made using a 3 1/4" cylinder with an 1 1/2" rod. The Rod is mounted in a bolt on bearing flange on one end and is mounted on a pillow block bearing on the other. The pillowblock bearing is mounted on a leveling block. The leveling block pivots on one end and the other end rests on a fixed block. leveling is accomplished by sliding a wedge in or out to raise or lower the pillowblock thus truing it to the table.

The table is hinged on one end. and rests on adjusting wedge. As the handle is turned the adjusting wedge moves in and out adjusts the table up and down Height adjustment ranges from 0-3"

Dust collection hood doesnt have port on it yet still waiting for a mail order:angry:.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
That's a great Job! One of those has been on My thought for a long time, Have to put My sshop in a new pick-up mode. I have the tools down and working but I need to put wheels under a few of them. Fine build!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The motor, pulleys, and bearings were purchased for under 150.00 USD from Surplus Center - Hydraulics, Engines, Electrical and More not sure how to post a link The rod and cylinder can be purchased from industrial supply like grainger under 100 USD each I have not sourced cylinder end caps yet
Great job on the sander.
To post a link you can copy & paste the url on top at the address bar of the page you are on.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
The underlined Surplus Center, is a good link. I have that information! I have given that link to Harrysin! I think that He was happy! You did a great job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.