Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
6,939 Posts
If you're gonna use a pencil sharpener, you might as well use one you know will do the job.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
...sometimes it's just as fast to use a utility knife...watch out for your thumb though...

...great ideas on that page, Jim...thanks for sharing...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Lee Valley used to sell this item they called "the plugger". It was meant to be used to repair screw holes but I've used it for decorative doweling as in using a contrasting wood dowel to create clock dials on wooden burls. You sharpen the dowel in a pencil sharpener and the plugger reams out a hole to the same taper. It may still be available, but not at LV according to the ad. The Plugger® by Veritas® - Lee Valley Tools

·
Registered
Theo
6,939 Posts
Lee Valley used to sell this item they called "the plugger". It was meant to be used to repair screw holes but I've used it for decorative doweling as in using a contrasting wood dowel to create clock dials on wooden burls. You sharpen the dowel in a pencil sharpener and the plugger reams out a hole to the same taper. It may still be available, but not at LV according to the ad. The Plugger® by Veritas® - Lee Valley Tools
Wouldn't be difficult to make one. Me, I'd just drill a hole, then use a dowel the same size as the hole, not too difficult to make dowels either.

Reactions: Cherryville Chuck
1 - 5 of 5 Posts