Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently started turning pens I wanted a way to consistently center the blanks in the drill press. Searching on the internet I found a clamp made by Jack Houweling in the UK that fit my needs. Digging up a little scrap I was able to duplicate it. He used an I bolt for the clamping screw but having threaded rod handy I decided to use it. Total shop cost zero, satisfaction 100%.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Having recently started turning pens I wanted a way to consistently center the blanks in the drill press. Searching on the internet I found a clamp made by Jack Houweling in the UK that fit my needs. Digging up a little scrap I was able to duplicate it. He used an I bolt for the clamping screw but having threaded rod handy I decided to use it. Total shop cost zero, satisfaction 100%.
Great vice. You could make them in different sizes for different applications. Are you going to have a website to promote these vices? May I suggest "Vice dot com" as a name. On second thought better make it something else. :wink: :laugh2:

Don

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don, with the Ashley Madison thing going on it would need to be something else. No I'm not going to promote it the idea belongs to Jack Houweling in the UK. He has some pretty good ideas on YouTube.

Reactions: ksidwy

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Don, with the Ashley Madison thing going on it would need to be something else. No I'm not going to promote it the idea belongs to Jack Houweling in the UK. He has some pretty good ideas on YouTube.
Just kidding a bit Richard. I am going to make a bigger one hold things on my DP.

Don

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don, the one in the picture is about 4 1/2 inches wide and about 15 inches long. I knew you were kidding about the vice dot com idea but it would be a catchy name.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Don, the one in the picture is about 4 1/2 inches wide and about 15 inches long. I knew you were kidding about the vice dot com idea but it would be a catchy name.

That is way bigger than the picture makes it look. I have a pretty big plywood table on my DP so I will have to make it longer so I can clamp it down.

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts