Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On June 30th,last Thursday evening I did a presentation at the local woodworking club meeting in the WoodCraft store shop to about 20 members. I had made a batch of 32 planes and gave each attendee one, they got to pick out the one that suited them. I had already given away 15 of the planes to woodworkers in the weeks before the meeting.
The presentation was on how to make a block plane from the 2010 Wood magazine article.
Here are some pictures of the planes, hope it doesn't bore you guys.They are fun and easy to make. It only takes 3 blocks of wood the center block and the 2 sides.
Herb

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Ummmmmmmm....
HERB!!!
This is AWESOME and IT BOGGLES THE MIND..............

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Herb,Your planes not only look good but work like a charm.. James
James they do work good, and I love the feel of them, everyone at the meeting seemed to like them too.
I am happy to report that no one needed a bandaide from testing out the sharpness of the blade. I had some just in case though.
Herb

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
That's a lot of sandpaper.

You're too good hearted Herb!! Well, maybe not.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
On June 30th,last Thursday evening I did a presentation at the local woodworking club meeting in the WoodCraft store shop to about 20 members. I had made a batch of 32 planes and gave each attendee one, they got to pick out the one that suited them. I had already given away 15 of the planes to woodworkers in the weeks before the meeting.
The presentation was on how to make a block plane from the 2010 Wood magazine article.
Here are some pictures of the planes, hope it doesn't bore you guys.They are fun and easy to make. It only takes 3 blocks of wood the center block and the 2 sides.
Herb
Bored to death......righttttt. gee wiz Herb, you make that look like child's play. Now I have a new complex to deal with!

Damned lucky group at Woodcraft, had I known........All we get at my Woodcraft is good deals and free doughnuts and coffee!

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bored to death......righttttt. gee wiz Herb, you make that look like child's play. Now I have a new complex to deal with!

Damned lucky group at Woodcraft, had I known........All we get at my Woodcraft is good deals and free doughnuts and coffee!
Steve, WoodCraft treats us great. The Woodcraft rep,also a member, handed out to everyone one of these little Incra pocket rulers that were like this one W/O the red bar and thumb nuts. that were marked $12.99. They also give us a 10% discount on anything we buy on meeting night.
https://www.woodcraft.com/products/incra-tiny-t-rule

I want to thank all for their generous comments, it makes it even more fun, except for the guy that was picking up each plane and examining it pointing out the flaws,then setting it back down and picking up another one doing the same etc.
Herb

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
There's nothing plain about Herb's Planes!

Herb, I hope you didn't give the nitpicker one.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts