Router Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
This is my first post. I am looking into the SS 23 router and looking for opinions from owners about their experiences with this router. Also, if any Canadian owners are on this forum, did you have to pay duties or was it exempt under current free trade agreements. I am looking at the SS23, Camaster Stinger or the Axiom routers.
Thanks for looking

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All
This is my first post. I am looking into the SS 23 router and looking for opinions from owners about their experiences with this router. Also, if any Canadian owners are on this forum, did you have to pay duties or was it exempt under current free trade agreements. I am looking at the SS23, Camaster Stinger or the Axiom routers.
Thanks for looking

Hi Bob,

Give our team at ShopSabre a call, we have many references we can provide and are happy to do a full comparison on the products.

Thank you,

952-461-4570
ShopSabre CNC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have been in touch with Jesse at shopsabre. I should have a quote soon. I may have to go with the router instead of spindle and upgrade later.
Shipping might be expensive and the 30 something percent exchange rate tacks on quite a bit. I do subscribe to the cry once theory when buying tools, and that has served me well. Even a cheap machine is pretty dear and I dont want anything subpar.

·
Official Greeter
19,748 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Bob.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am still keeping my options open. Axiom and Laguna are possible as well as camaster.
I am not sure about running off a hanheld unit though. I have tons of gcoding experience and am so used to having a monitor in front of me, I think it would be weird to not have that. Obviously it works well or they would not be petting them out there. I may get to view an Axiom as I am going on a roadtrip and a tool dealer has one on display in the city I will be visiting.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am still keeping my options open. Axiom and Laguna are possible as well as camaster.
I am not sure about running off a hanheld unit though. I have tons of gcoding experience and am so used to having a monitor in front of me, I think it would be weird to not have that. Obviously it works well or they would not be petting them out there. I may get to view an Axiom as I am going on a roadtrip and a tool dealer has one on display in the city I will be visiting.
If you're handy you might want to consider the Avid CNC. You can start out small (4 x 2), and then enlarge the machine (up to 5 x 10) as you see fit to meet your needs. Their machines run on Mach4, and your laptop or dedicated computer. I have two friends that have 4 x 8 that I help them build and they're very satisfied with the results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am going plug and play for this. I thought about building years ago after building a slot morticer that I built for loose tenon joinery.
It was a fun project but I just dont want to spend the time and effort to do it. Getting lazy.
Engineering Machine tool Machine Industry Space

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ended up ordering an Avid pro4848 after all.
The people at SS were professional and prompt with emails and info. I just thought that the Avid was going to work out better in the end. I also contacted team Yellow, but they only answered emails once and after sending 3 or 4, I got tired of waiting for a reply.
Looking forward to cutting.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The people at SS were professional and prompt with emails and info. I just thought that the Avid was going to work out better in the end. I also contacted team Yellow, but they only answered emails once and after sending 3 or 4, I got tired of waiting for a reply.
You'll be very happy with the Avid. My friend talked to me the other day and said he was totally happy with his Avid, and has already purchased the Rotary setup. Keep us posted on your journey.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have a Pro4848 and am very happy with it. I built my own electronics panel and sourced a spindle/vfd from china so saved a lot of money. With a 60V 1200W power supply, I can get 1000 IPM rapids and 500 IPM cuts (if the bit allows).

Long lead time but totally worth the wait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts