Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
23,784 Posts
Hi Brett

They work very well I have two of them ,the Delta and the Grizzly the Grizzly is little bit better than the Delta.it comes with more bits and more collars to fit more brands of drill press's

The key for me was to make a longer handle to take on the hardwoods easy..

Just one more way to use the tool,I'm not real big fan of the round dowel pins But I'm a fan of the square dowel pins that you can make easy and use the tool to put in the square holes...

If I want something to move I put it on a round pin if I want it Not to move I put it on a square pin :) or to say pin it with a square pin.

==

Attachments

· Registered
23,784 Posts
Hi Brett

I think all wood workers go down the mortising trail with square ones and round end ones some like the square shoulder type and some don't ,I'm a fan of the floating type and some don't but you will need a drill press for wood working anyway and now you have a way to put in square ones ,it's true you can buy a dedicated tool for that job but why it's one of the items that you will just do now and than, it's like having a power hand saw or table saw they both will do the same job just fine just like your new mortising tool and if you want square holes you now can do it easy or you get out your chisel and hammer.

I have had my sets for a long (many years) and have not needed to sharpen them yet so to say the bottom line keep it you will be glad you did down the road just for that one job that you want to do I'm sure :)

Here's the going price for it so to say you got a deal, don't blow it off.
Amazon.com: DELTA 17-924 Mortising Attachment with 1/4 Inch, 5/16 Inch, 3/8 Inch, and 1/2 Inch Chisel and Bit Sets: Home Improvement

==
=======

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.