Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Adding another for the VFW fundraiser - need thoughts on which one is better, or should I make both?

This is the original design

And this is the same design - only cut out

HJ

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Id have to take both..
too tuff'a call which is finer...

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nr 2 for me...both are awesome...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I like the second one the best but give them both. I mean it's for the VFW what else can you do.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Like Rick says the first one has more depth and Doug says the second one jumps out at you. Can you get both depth and cutout together, if you can then give them all 3 versions.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike,

How the heck do you do that??

HJ

Reactions: kp91

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Cut the sign with the first files, then set up a vector to cutout the sign that leaves a small frame of flat material around the upper dished portion of the plaque (maybe 0.125", or what ever looks good with the proportions of the plaque). Run a toolpath using that vector to cut out the sign.

This would give you the depth and detail of the first plaque with the added cutout shape of the second plaque.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cut the sign with the first files, then set up a vector to cutout the sign that leaves a small frame of flat material around the upper dished portion of the plaque (maybe 0.125", or what ever looks good with the proportions of the plaque). Run a toolpath using that vector to cut out the sign.

This would give you the depth and detail of the first plaque with the added cutout shape of the second plaque.
Mike,

So what your saying is basically to run a "border" around the top part and getting rid of the rectangle?

HJ

·
Registered
Theo
6,907 Posts
First one definitely does it for me, but I'd say give both. Nice job.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Mike,

So what your saying is basically to run a "border" around the top part and getting rid of the rectangle?

HJ
Exactly!
You could just run the new vector for the cutout straight up from the upper part of the base like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mike,

Was thinking I could make that top part (following along your vector lines) all one piece of textured granite and then cut the images in that.

HJ

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Mike,

Was thinking I could make that top part (following along your vector lines) all one piece of textured granite and then cut the images in that.

HJ
That would be even better, great idea!:wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK -- MEBCWD tweaked the designs some for me. He's good with Aspire. Thanx Mike!!

New ones or old ones?????

HJ

1 - 20 of 26 Posts