Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let’s see what you’re doing if you’re locked down at home? This is inlay I’ve done over the past few days with the Milescraft kit and the Bosch inlay cutter kit. Using the Bosch produces a slightly different shape from that produced by the Milescraft bushings and cutter. The woods are yew and zebrano in mahogany. It’ll get a pass through a drum sander to take out the initial sanding scratches.
While I was doing this I was thinking (always a bad sign) of a way to use my Bosch inlay kit in my Makita trim router. I think it can be done, I will get a machinist to make a custom part when the lockdown is over.

JC
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,264 Posts
I like that..
what woods did you use...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,264 Posts
The small Ones are yew.
my bad...

I should have said which wood did you use where???
at least that was what I was thinking..
 

·
Registered
Steve
Joined
·
1,760 Posts
Stick, I think John was expecting you to put in pictures of whatever you're working on...

I would be working on finishing my buffet build, but because I'm still sick, I haven't been done to the garage for that in nearly a month. But just to tease, I've included a picture of about where I'm up to. I've added a shelf in the cabinet area since taking this photo.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,264 Posts
Stick, I think John was expecting you to put in pictures of whatever you're working on...
I finished all my projects...
long time ago...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
getting around to a lot of small projects

small parts storage cabinet.
It sits on top of a small cabinet with casters on it. I roll it back in
to the small space where I have a few clamps stored.
I love when I dial in the dado stack just right - nice and tight fit.
.
Product Room Shelf Machine Furniture

Shelf Furniture Shelving Room Wood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,264 Posts
nicely done...
the bottom cab looks to be a better fit and finish also....
 
  • Like
Reactions: dirt_dobber

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
I'm trying to get my act together making box joints - this little item was creative but poorly executed. Bubinga carcass with Curly Maple live edge veneer I resawed - finished with Waterlox. Still needs a final sanding/polishing.

Having tearout issues even with a cleaned Freud Box Joint blade set and a Luan backer board. Might need a heavy backer piece. Joints are good and snug, tho. Also having some blade 'drop' during cutting that messes up the joint depth. Adjusted the friction on the table saw but it still seems to vary. Gotta find a way to lock it down.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
I have not begun to build anything, I am redoing all of my shelve and storage spaces. I also have painted all of my work areas.
I made a hood for my Miter saw out of cardboard. Now I just have to figure out how to transfer that to wood.

Stay safe guys.

David

and gals
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,264 Posts
I have not begun to build anything, I am redoing all of my shelve and storage spaces. I also have painted all of my work areas.
I made a hood for my Miter saw out of cardboard. Now I just have to figure out how to transfer that to wood.

Stay safe guys.

David

and gals
maybe something like this will work...

.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
Actually I have made a cutting board since this thread started. Sandra is down loading the pictures and I will post them soon.
I am surprised to see so few projects being done, since we are all stuck at home anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
Isolation projects

I dug through my left over pieces of wood from a previous cutting board build and made this one.
I found all the walnut and the hard maple I could find and ripped it all to 2 inches.
I ripped the walnut to 3/4 and the Maple to 1/4.
I fitted them alternating dark to light.
Then glued it all up.
The next day I removed the clamps and did a bunch of sanding.
Then I ripped the slab at a 45 x 2inches and fitted them together by flipping every other piece to make the chevron design.
I then glued all of this together again. Trying to be sure the chevrons lined up with one another.
Another night in the clamps and a ton more sanding.
I then drew out the design that utilized the most of the slab I had made.
This I cut out on the band saw.
I shaped it on my sanding belt and rounded the edges with a round over bit.
More sanding.
Sandra did the oiling job then she claimed the whole build as hers.
We added little rubber feet to the back side and it was done.
I just may have enough wood left to make another once I decide on a design for it.
Lets see if I can down load some pictures of it.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top