Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a little project I completed this week. The sides are 1/2" cherry, the top and bottom 1/4" birch mdf core pw, the tiles and inlay are walnut. The only routing was rounding the tiles and the inlay. Minwax tung oil finish. The numbers I rubber stamped. I had stamps from a clock project. I 'made' a white ink stamp and use acrylic paint. Came out fine. The plans came from Woodworking for Mere Mortals. Thanks for reading.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Nicely done! Never played that game, but might take it on just knowing it'll be a good excuse for making a nice box.
When I saw the thread title I imagined a simple box that had a trick lid. You could shut it, but as soon as you took your eyes off it it would open up on its own. ;)
4D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Here's a little project I completed this week. The sides are 1/2" cherry, the top and bottom 1/4" birch mdf core pw, the tiles and inlay are walnut. The only routing was rounding the tiles and the inlay. Minwax tung oil finish. The numbers I rubber stamped. I had stamps from a clock project. I 'made' a white ink stamp and use acrylic paint. Came out fine. The plans came from Woodworking for Mere Mortals. Thanks for reading.
Beautiful work! As a kid in England, my parents liked to drag us to the pub. One local,favourite always had shut the box so that would keep us entertained. Your piece brings back fond memories!
 

·
Official Greeter
Joined
·
19,739 Posts
Learnt a new game today, but the box is beautiful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice job on the green fabric. How about a do's and don't's on how to install and trim this fabric.
I purchased the felt from JoAnn's Fabrics. A couple of years ago I used it to make a Jigsaw Puzzle Spinner for my sweetheart and had lots left. I rough cut pieces to size. Then ironed them so they were wrinkle free. I cut a straight edge using a yard stick and Fiskars Rolling Cutter. Then I measured for final size and cut the other three sides as before. I found when putting them in place the seemed a bit too big so I ended up slicing about an 1/8 off of both edges. It's easy to do with that rolling cutter. When the size was right I sprayed one side of the material with 3M spray adhesive, following the directions for permanent hold. It's a lot different than working with wood because of the constant movement, stretching and shrinking. On the spinner I ended up with one edge where the pw base was pretty visible. I just used some green acrylic paint along the edge.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top