Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would like to make something like that myself. What type of bit, size and angle did you use? and how do you cut the pins to match?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FordPrefect said:
I would like to make something like that myself. What type of bit, size and angle did you use? and how do you cut the pins to match?

I used a 14 degree 1/2 inch dovetail bit. I just made the jig and I haven't cut a full piece yet. I will let you know how it worked out later.

g-man

·
Registered
33 Posts
How can you post a story on a device that you havent used yet? The cutting of the tails is easy with or without your jig. But how about the pins?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Should not be a problem. they could be bone with a band saw

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is absolutely useless. Is this site for real? I expect serious guidelines when I turn to a site like this and go to all the trouble to register.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Unbelievable. It always amazes me how unjustly critical people can get on a community site, that is free to use and register for. The amount of truly valuable information on this site is considerable, provided by others who also freely use the site as well. Even this post may inspire someone to build and improve upon the original jig concept that was started by g-man. Making unwarranted attacks as demonstrated above is just simply a waste of everyone's time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Might also note that the original posting date is 2004.

I agree with Mike, unbelievable and yeah, that registering thing is an awful lot of trouble to do.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Agree with Mike also....careful ya dont bust your finger registering Ibarnes....have a good look at whats on offer here before you take the high ground!..........AL

·
Official Greeter
19,128 Posts
Please explain?

This is absolutely useless. Is this site for real? I expect serious guidelines when I turn to a site like this and go to all the trouble to register.
And we wonder why there is no harmony in the world.

I am not sure what "guidelines" you are referring too from "a site like this"? :mad:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
If You make 10 replys, You will think differently, I think

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
That is a nice looking jig! If it is working well , others may want to try duplicate it. Nce job!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
The pictures above appear to be a variation on "The Router Workshop" box joint jig. I'm not sure of the efficiency of such a jig however I would love to learn more.

I'm also working on a comparison of existing dovetail jigs, one of which is a shop made version of the most popular jig. It looks quite workable so I'm trying to figure out how to build one like it. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated/

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am new here, and have been learning a lot, such about sking ets ... Still going through the forum it's fanstastic.Thanks to all of you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts