Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Cricket
I want to know why I need to login each time I open the forum. Previously I needed to login when I used a PC different from my Laptop.

·
Administrator
2,133 Posts
@Cricket
I want to know why I need to login each time I open the forum. Previously I needed to login when I used a PC different from my Laptop.
I have not experienced this (except when we did some updates which automatically logged all of us out) so may I ask you for more information so that I can track down this issue?

What device are you using? Phone? Laptop? Tablet?

Do you happen to know your operating system?

What browser are you using to access the site?

Is it possible the browser had an update that doesn't automatically save cookies? Have you double checked those settings?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Probably a silly question, Alexis, but do you always remember to check the little "Remember me" box before you do the login thing? I'm having the same thing on mine but I know it's because I clean my cache when I'm finished surfing.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Cricket , didn't you fix Jerry's computer with a similar problem ?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Probably a silly question, Alexis, but do you always remember to check the little "Remember me" box before you do the login thing? I'm having the same thing on mine but I know it's because I clean my cache when I'm finished surfing.
Same here. A valid point.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Check the privacy setting on your computer. It needs to be set to accept cookies and depending on the situation to remember passwords.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had the same problem, and yes each time I logged on I checked the remember me radio button. Then miraculously it cured itself. Now I'm a computer geek, I have at least 10 computers both laptops and desktops plus a Mac and this problem was across all computers until yesterday so I'm inclined to believe it is a WEB site problem more then a computer problem.

CAD-Man
Bruce

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
His was a setting within his browser that was deleting cookies when he closed the window.

Indeed, that is what was causing the problem for me and was easily fixed by going to, control panel, internet options, and uncheck the box that says, delete history on exit. I'm not sure of that last phrase but in my case that immediately cured the problem.

Jerry

·
Registered
75 Posts
I checked all my
settings and I should be able to stay logged in but I keep getting logged out also any attachments do not show up

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I checked all my
settings and I should be able to stay logged in but I keep getting logged out also any attachments do not show up
Have you re-booted your computer after unchecking the box mentioned above? I can barely spell computer, so my advise is really from a novice. Hope you find the problem.

Mayby you should do a recovery and then go through the drill described above.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, colleagues.

I am not an expert at computers but I just can tell to you as follows:

I am using my laptop. When I use my PC I need to log in to the forum. No mobiles are used.

Google has been my browser.

This morning I needed to do it again. I wanted to see some pictures attached to a post by MT and the forum sent a message to log in.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Hi, colleagues.

I am not an expert at computers but I just can tell to you as follows:

I am using my laptop. When I use my PC I need to log in to the forum. No mobiles are used.

Google has been my browser.

This morning I needed to do it again. I wanted to see some pictures attached to a post by MT and the forum sent a message to log in.

Alesix, did you do what I said worked for me?

Jerry

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well! Here is an update. I don't know what happened but I'm now staying logged in, and I can view attachments. Thanks for your help everyone, and God bless.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Well! Here is an update. I don't know what happened but I'm now staying logged in, and I can view attachments. Thanks for your help everyone, and God bless.

Sounds like you may have gotten a valuable lesson, that being, stop warring about the little things and minimize your worry about the big ones, that is of course unless you find that worrying can help, but I haven't found that it helps much.

These computers seem to have a mind of their own in my opiion, but hat is probably due to me lack of understanding them.

Jerry

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
"These computers seem to have a mind of their own in my opiion, but hat is probably due to me lack of understanding them."
'Sfunny; that applies to women as well... ;)

And I still haven't figured out if that is a good thing or a bad thing, about women I mean.

Jerry

1 - 19 of 19 Posts