Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, my name is nathan whitehead. I live in Eufaula Al. i am trying to see if anyone has used the skil 91704 stile&rail kit for making raised panel cabinet doors. I tried for the first time with this kit yesterday and it seems to me that it was made for 1/2 " stock. any information about this kit would be helpful.thankyou

·
Official Greeter
18,737 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Nathan.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
hello, my name is nathan whitehead. I live in Eufaula Al. i am trying to see if anyone has used the skil 91704 stile&rail kit for making raised panel cabinet doors. I tried for the first time with this kit yesterday and it seems to me that it was made for 1/2 " stock. any information about this kit would be helpful.thankyou
Hi nathan - Hard to find any info on that set. Best I could find was on the skil site which said 1/2 rail stile set, 1/2" shank. That leads me to believe you're assesment is probably correct. I haven't any experience with Skil bits, I've seen them in Wal-Mart but haven't been impressed enough to give them a try. You might try here for a budget set that will do 3/4" stock. So far everything I've tried from here has been a decent value.:)
2pc 1/2"SH Traditional Ogee Rail & Stile Router Bit Set | eBay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for reply

thankyou for the replys. I am trying hard to get used to this forum. I am hoping to make some friends here. The package said 1/2 -3/4 stock. In my opinion it is aimed more for 1/2'' stock. Im not going to return it because I can see where it may be usefull for some cabinets. I probally should have researched better before i bought it. I guess i had to learn the hardway. I have been framing new constuction res, homes for 17 years. I have always loved working with wood. I am new to cabinet biulding and wood furniture. I am in love with it already. I have a lot to learn. I ve biult three sets of cabinets so far , one of which was raised panel doors. I used a table saw for everything(panel-stiles-rails). I would greatly appreciate any information on most efficiant way to biuld raised panel doors. I only have routing table with dewault 1/2'' collet router.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi

That's great, You can't have to many router bits.

NIB Skil 1/2 " Stacked Stile & Rail Kit # 91704 | eBay

To make panel doors I suggest you get the video below

Cabinetmaking Made Easy-Sommerfeld's Tools For Wood
Marc Sommerfeld's New Expanded DVD Collection

==========

thankyou for the replys. I am trying hard to get used to this forum. I am hoping to make some friends here. The package said 1/2 -3/4 stock. In my opinion it is aimed more for 1/2'' stock. Im not going to return it because I can see where it may be usefull for some cabinets. I probally should have researched better before i bought it. I guess i had to learn the hardway. I have been framing new constuction res, homes for 17 years. I have always loved working with wood. I am new to cabinet biulding and wood furniture. I am in love with it already. I have a lot to learn. I ve biult three sets of cabinets so far , one of which was raised panel doors. I used a table saw for everything(panel-stiles-rails). I would greatly appreciate any information on most efficiant way to biuld raised panel doors. I only have routing table with dewault 1/2'' collet router.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts