Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchase a Skil RT-1322-00 router and have been trying to find out what the collet thread size is. I've contacted Skil with no help. ( hope this isn't a sign of customer service to come!) Anyway was wondering if someone on here would know? Thanks

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
From what I see it should be either 1/4" or 1/2" . Can you see a part number on the collet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I see it should be either 1/4" or 1/2" . Can you see a part number on the collet?
Yeah but that’s not what I’m asking about. I’m trying to find out what the spindle and collet thread is so maybe I can purchase some precision collets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If my experience is anything to go by you are unlikely to get an answer to your question, so you'll have to measure it yourself. I have two Makita routers, a 3612 with 20mm x 1mm thread pitch and a RP2301fc with 22mm x 1.5mm thread pitch. A Chinese compact router I have is 17mm x 1mm thread pitch. I'd suggest that the thread on your router will almost certainly be metric. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the closest I could come to the thread size was 19 x 1.0mm but not sure. I guess I’ll have to buy a couple of metric nuts to test on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If that's correct it's a good size. You can buy CNC ER collet adaptors to suit that size, not the sizes I've got though. :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts